Welcome to the Pinckney Community Schools Food Services Department. ARAMARK as your managed services provider is committed to providing quality service and nutritious, well-balanced meals to our students and staff. We serve up to 1500 meals every day at five locations.
- Food Service Prices
- Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act
- Student Account Information - Parents can also make payments online. Access "pinckneyschools.org" and go to the parent tab to access MISTAR Parent Connection. Besides making payments, you can check meal account balances, purchases and payment history. You must have a Pin # and Password to enter MISTAR. If you don't have these, please email "email@example.com".
- Wellness Policy
- Letter to Parents
- Action for Healthy Kids web site (Username: MIAFHK Password: MIAFHK#1)
The daily menu selections will vary by building and grade levels. The number of choices will grow with your child. Elementary students have up to four entrée choices, Navigator and Pathfinder students have up to six, while Pinckney High School offers ten or more entrees daily. A variety of ala carte items are also available daily. See the Lunch Menus link for more information.
Free and Reduced Meals
Free and Reduced meals are available to those households that qualify with a reduced meal cost at forty cents. Please note that only full meals will be issued to free and reduced customers. Ala carte milk must be purchased separately. Good nutrition can assist your child’s learning experience. We encourage those who are eligible to take advantage of this program. There are approximately 170 service days in a typical school year. Each school day, breakfast and lunch is served. If you child is eligible for free/reduced meals under the federal income guidelines and is not receiving free/reduced meals, they are missing an opportunity to eat nutritionally balanced meals at a significant savings to parents.
- For an elementary student, the savings amounth to parents for a free student is $714.00 and for a reduced student is $595.00.
- For a middle school student, the savings amount to parents for a free student is $799.00 and for a reduced student is $680.00.
- For a high school student, the savings amount to parents for a free student is $926.50 and for reduced student is $807.50.
Parents and students are encouraged to review our healthy meal selections and make the choice for students to eat breakfast and lunch at school. Our job is to keep your child well nourished.
All buildings are now operating with the computerized point of sale system. This makes serving your child much easier and faster. Upon enrollment, all students are assigned a student identification number which is also their cafeteria account number. Every student has an account, whether it is used or not. This is a debit account. Parents/guardians send in payments accompanied by their students name and account number by cash or check (payable to PCS Lunch fund) to their school’s cafeteria. Purchases are automatically deducted from the account. See Student Account Information.